Skip to menu
Skip to content
- Most crime is committed as a result of opportunity, so the best prevention is to eliminate opportunities.
- Keep your residence doors, including dorm rooms, locked at all times.
- Limit or restrict access to your living area.
- Lock up wallets, purses, jewelry, cameras, and other valuables.
- Report suspicious persons or activities when you see them.
- Report safety hazards, unsafe lighting, and defective equipment.
- Avoid walking alone at night. Let people know where you are going.
- Plan you walk by choosing a safe, well lighted, and populated route.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Know where you are and where you are going. Know what to expect.
- Get to know your roommates and neighbors. Encourage checking on each other often.