Do you have a bicycle on campus? What about a computer, tablet or cell phone? Although we have a very safe campus community, crime still happens. Crimes of opportunity are some of the most common and this includes theft. Small items, such as electronic devices, can be an easy target for criminals and your bicycle will easily blend in with the hundreds of others on campus.
What can you do to protect yourself and your valuables?
- Do not leave your belongings unattended, ever
- Use a bike lock when storing your bicycle, and check on it regularly
- Lock your car and your dorm room, even if you will only be gone for a minute
- Do not leave valuables in your car, in plain view
- Check on your car (and its contents) regularly
In addition to taking the steps above to keep yourself and your valuables safe, WSU Police Department offers free registration of your bicycle and electronic devices. Registering your bicycle, laptop, tablet, cell phone, ect. with WSUPD will help us help you. Having certain information sooner, rather than later, can make a difference in being able to recover your stolen property.
To register you bicycle or electronic device with WSUPD, click here.