The Mission of the Washington State University Police Department, in partnership with the campus community, is to cultivate an atmosphere which supports the educational process and promotes academic and personal achievement, and community prosperity. In order to achieve this mission all employees are empowered:
- To uphold the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution and laws of the state of Washington, local ordinances, and university policies and procedures.
- To provide the highest quality of services, by delivering fair and equal treatment to all citizens through professional and expedient delivery of those services.
- To protect the rights of all people while treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- To provide a safe environment by pro-actively promoting and participating in crime prevention and safety programs.
- To continually evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the department’s ongoing operations.
- To follow established policies and procedures and to ensure that resources are used efficiently and economically.
- To attract and retain quality employees dedicated to the performance of their duties in a highly ethical and moral fashion.
- To support the educational mission of Washington State University.